RANGE SAFETY RULES:
Golden Rule: Treat every firearm as if it is always loaded!
All firearms carried into the facility are to be cased and unloaded.
- Always point the muzzle in a safe direction (when on the range, downrange is the safe direction).
- Hearing and eye protection are required at all times on the range.
- To unpack firearms, place bag/case on top of bench
- All casing/uncasing of firearms must be done at the firing lane with the firearms maintaining muzzle downrange throughout the process.
- When not in active use, guns on the bench must always be unloaded, action open, and pointed downrange.
- No handing loaded firearms to anyone.
- If your firearm has a malfunction or issue, place it on the bench and notify Range Safety Officer (RSO) so they may address it.
- The person shooting is the only person allowed to stand at the firing line.
- Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are on target and ready to shoot.
- All first-time shooters shall be given a safety briefing by an RSO and first shot shall be in the presence of RSO.
- No drawing from holster, shooting from the hip, or bump shooting.
- Any person(s) suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol shall not be permitted to use the range.
- NEVER reach beyond the firing line, if you have dropped something beyond the firing line that you need retrieved contact an RSO.
- Unsafe shooters shall have their range use privileges revoked at any time deemed necessary by an RSO.
Generic Range Rules
- Waiver must be completed before going onto the range, whether a shooter or a spectator.
- No steel or aluminum cased ammo can be used in our facility, we are a brass only range.
- Any damage to the range equipment will result in a fine.
- No food or drink allowed on the range.
- On Pistol Range head shots cannot be done closer than 25’
- On Rifle Range the minimum allowable distance to shoot is 75’.
- Do NOT use tracer, steel core, buckshot, or birdshot ammo.
- 4 shooters maximum per lane in pistol.
- Ammo purchased from Openrange must be shot through all firearms rented from Openrange.
- We recommend not wearing low cut shirts or open toed shoes as the brass coming out of a firearm is hot.
- We recommend washing your hands after leaving the range to remove any gunshot residue.
- No targets with real life images of people can be used at our facility.
- No bags/cases can be stored along the back wall.